7.13.2008

pre-trip: Don't build your world around volcanoes

Listening: Damien Rice, "Volcano" (yes, really)

So we didn't exactly leave on time.

I waited, of course, until the last minute to do everything for this move, so instead of making it on Saturday to get my tires rotated, etc., I didn't get there and sadly, no one was open on Sunday. We decided we'd leave first thing Monday morning.


How do you burn off a Sunday in the Pacific Northwest?

Apparently the answer is revisit Mount St. Helens. I sincerely believe she is most beautiful when covered in snow. This time we got to see the rest of the bits:






























I also have photos of my mom proudly standing in front of the grey lady, but I can't seem to locate them right now. She totally geeked out with Randi (pictured below) about volcanoes. Judy is a science lab instructor for 4th and 5th grade students and teaches a unit on volcanoes. She got to see it before when she came up to visit me the March after I moved to the NW. That was a really great trip that involved dropping temperatures and snow for my car that has never known the loving touch of snow chains.

As this one band once said, "I can see for miles and miles and miles and . . ."



1 comment:

D. Misner said...

Harry Truman stayed,
procrastinating all week,
tardy til the end.